To those porting code from w3-msql/lite to php, a few functions are different or missing (aside from the fact that the order of arguments is reversed and the other signatures are different...not good design work, imho, or was it built for msql 1.x? At any rate, conformity with the C and Lite API should have been maintained.).
The lite/C function msqlStoreResult() is automatically done in msql_query() and msql().
msql_fetch_field() doesn't give you the field length value (unlike msqlFetchField()). You have to call msql_fieldlen() to get that.
msqlEncode() is missing. The functionality (which is needed for pretty much ALL SQL based rdbms's) is in addSlashes() in the String library.
LXXVI. mSQL Functions
These functions allow you to access mSQL database servers. More information about mSQL can be found at http://www.hughes.com.au/.
In order to have these functions available, you must compile PHP with msql support by using the --with-msql[=DIR] option. DIR is the mSQL base install directory, defaults to /usr/local/msql3.
Note to Win32 Users: In order to enable this module on a Windows environment, you must copy msql.dll from the DLL folder of the PHP/Win32 binary package to the SYSTEM32 folder of your windows machine. (Ex: C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32 or C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32)
The behaviour of these functions is affected by settings in php.ini.
Taulu 1. mSQL configuration options
Here's a short explanation of the configuration directives.
There are two resource types used in the mSQL module. The first one is the link identifier for a database connection, the second a resource which holds the result of a query.
The constants below are defined by this extension, and will only be available when the extension has either been compiled into PHP or dynamically loaded at runtime.
This simple example shows how to connect, execute a query, print resulting rows and disconnect from a mSQL database.
- msql_affected_rows -- Returns number of affected rows
- msql_close -- Close mSQL connection
- msql_connect -- Open mSQL connection
- msql_create_db -- Create mSQL database
- msql_createdb -- Alias of msql_create_db()
- msql_data_seek -- Move internal row pointer
- msql_db_query -- Send mSQL query
- msql_dbname -- Alias of msql_result()
- msql_drop_db -- Drop (delete) mSQL database
- msql_error -- Returns error message of last msql call
- msql_fetch_array -- Fetch row as array
- msql_fetch_field -- Get field information
- msql_fetch_object -- Fetch row as object
- msql_fetch_row -- Get row as enumerated array
- msql_field_flags -- Get field flags
- msql_field_len -- Get field length
- msql_field_name -- Get field name
- msql_field_seek -- Set field offset
- msql_field_table -- Get table name for field
- msql_field_type -- Get field type
- msql_fieldflags -- Alias of msql_field_flags()
- msql_fieldlen -- Alias of msql_field_len()
- msql_fieldname -- Alias of msql_field_name()
- msql_fieldtable -- Alias of msql_field_table()
- msql_fieldtype -- Alias of msql_field_type()
- msql_free_result -- Free result memory
- msql_list_dbs -- List mSQL databases on server
- msql_list_fields -- List result fields
- msql_list_tables -- List tables in an mSQL database
- msql_num_fields -- Get number of fields in result
- msql_num_rows -- Get number of rows in result
- msql_numfields -- Alias of msql_num_fields()
- msql_numrows -- Alias of msql_num_rows()
- msql_pconnect -- Open persistent mSQL connection
- msql_query -- Send mSQL query
- msql_regcase -- Alias of sql_regcase()
- msql_result -- Get result data
- msql_select_db -- Select mSQL database
- msql_tablename -- Alias of msql_result()
- msql -- Alias of msql_db_query()